Overview of Checkout KPIs
A checkout section of eCommerce site has many functional areas that require active monitoring and management. The following is a simplistic view of what is happening in the checkout funnel. This aims to add context for why and what types of checkout funnel metrics are being used by Checkout Zen Score™:
- Cart Abandonment: the ratio between number of visits/sessions that abandoned the online shopping cart and total number of sessions with online shopping carts.
- Checkout Engagement: the count of all site visits where visitor added a product to the online shopping cart and then started the checkout steps; this indicates the health of your cart or shopping bag page.
- Checkout Conversion: the ratio between visitors who successfully completed their payment and those who started the checkout process after reaching cart page with at least one product in the online shopping cart.
- Accelerated Checkout: the count of all site visits where visitor added a product to the online shopping cart and then used digital payment options to bypass the conventional multi-step checkout process.
- Mobile Abandonment Gap: the difference in effectiveness of the checkout funnel between mobile and desktop devices.