Staff Writer, Marketing Blog
The HiConversion team is redefining what it means to plan, produce, distribute and analyze digital content. We’re looking for a Staff Writer who can help propel our growth on one of our most visible and impactful properties: The Marketing Blog.
The Staff Writer will be responsible for consistently creating interesting, helpful blog posts that help the team hit its goals, and unlocking new opportunities for growth on the Marketing Blog.
The right candidate will care deeply about quality writing, crave constructive feedback, and thrive in an environment of change and agility.
- Research and write multiple quality blog posts to hit aggressive, daily deadlines.
- Use data to uncover and identify high-performing post topics and formats.
- Write blog posts that perform well in search, on social, via email, and other digital channels (and can tailor their writing to succeed on each platform).
- Work closely with other team members to vet ideas and produce quality content.
- Creates (or project manage the creation of) other assets such as infographics, SlideShares, ebooks, reports, videos, tools, etc.
- Periodically edit and polish blog posts from internal and external stakeholders.
- 3-5 years professional experience writing blog posts or other long-form content for the web, demonstrated with writing samples and/or a portfolio of work.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing — either through direct experience or by writing about it.
- Insanely high attention to detail. Errors, typos, and inconsistencies make your skin crawl.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to adapt your tone of voice for various audiences and media formats.
- Plays nice with others — knows how to work well with internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutual goals.
Please submit 3 writing samples and/or a link to your portfolio and your resume and cover letter in order to be considered.